When working out, especially when doing something like weight lifting (Turbulence Training Review), the hands and wrists must be fully supported. This is important as it can prevent strain and injury and if you have tried to work out without the use of support gloves, you will likely have felt the pain that it can cause. Additionally, using gloves with wrist wraps helps prevent bar slippage and tearing up your hands.
So if you’re tired of having “man-hands” or having hands that look like you’ve been working in the old west, gloves might be an affordable option for you.
Weight lifting gloves for women are stitched to reduce friction that causes calluses, keeps your palms soft, smooth, and feminine looking.
In this article, I’m going to show you some of the very best weight lifting gloves on the market that will guarantee that you can work out in comfort and be safe in the knowledge that your wrists and hands will be fully protected.
Here are 5 of the highest-rated, quality weightlifting gloves available.
Table of Contents
Women’s Weight Lifting Gloves
These attractive wrist wraps come in a huge array of designs, meaning that not only do they function well but they also look amazing. But of course, looks can be deceiving and so let’s take a look at what you can expect from this product and how it can help you.
• By stabilizing the wrists, heavier weights can be lifted, hit personal goals and prevent injuries.
• Ideal for a variety of exercises such as weight lifting, plank, push-ups, and MMA.
• They come in a variety of stiffness levels which are designed to provide comfort, flexibility, and strength.
• Easy to put on and take off meaning that your workout won’t be interrupted, and you can stick to your workout and rest times.
It appears that these wrist wraps offer supreme quality but what do previous users have to say about the product? The answer is, quite a lot of good things such as one reviewer saying that they are a great product from an amazing company and another claiming that the wraps have eliminated their wrist pain.
This product looks to be very sturdy and so would deliver the promise of living up to the claims that it is one of the best on the market, but what might you expect to get from these gloves? Let’s take a look.
• Full protection from calluses caused by friction, meaning greater comfort when working out.
• Super stable grip.
• Fully adjustable wrist support giving you exactly the tension and support that you require.
• Can be used for a variety of different workouts.
• Features a mesh fabric inside making the product fully breathable. Sweaty hands suck!
It is evident that these gloves have a lot of promising looking features but what are they truly like to work out with? One person states that the gloves are very comfortable and the wrist straps help them to stay in place meaning that they can focus on the workout and not their workout gloves. Another user of the gloves says that they are extremely durable, so it looks like we are onto a winner here.
If you are looking for an effective workout glove that also looks fantastic, then these could well fit the bill. Coming in a range of four bright colors, these gloves certainly look the part, but what else do they have to offer?
• Padded to ensure extra comfort and protection from calluses.
• Excellent grip, preventing bar slippage and injury.
• The product features in-built wrist wraps giving additional support.
• Versatile gloves that can be used for a great range of workouts including cross fit, weight lifting, pull-ups, and rope climbing, amongst others.
• The gloves are designed in such a way to prevent them from slipping or moving during your workout.
It is easy to lay claim to being one of the best but the real proof is in what people are saying about these gloves, and there are some very complimentary reviews on the product such as one user saying that these are the “best gloves ever” and are super comfortable. Another claims that these are the best gloves he has tried in the last 20 years, and that is some claim to make!
The first thing you notice about these gloves is that there is a very usable sizing chart which is great when buying online as you can be sure of getting just what you need. Of course, a good size is one thing but how do the gloves perform otherwise? Let’s find out.
• Built-in wrist wraps that give additional support and prevent injury.
• Padded palm for added comfort and protection.
• Made from a breathable material to minimize sweating.
• Full protection of the thumbs.
There are some negative reviews on these gloves but with that in mind, there are also some very good ones which state that not only are these a great pair of gloves but they are also a very reasonable price. Another reviewer claims that the gloves are very comfortable and the wrist support is second to none.
5) Ihuan Weight Lifting Gloves (Editor’s Choice)
The first thing that springs to mind when looking at these gloves in how futuristic they look, they appear to be a very modern and attractive product, but is there more than meets the eye? Let’s see what key features these gloves offer.
• The gloves come with wrist support to ensure protection while working out.
• Ideal for a wide range of workouts.
• Great protection for the palms as well as excellent grip.
• Breathable material makes working out much more comfortable.
• The support of the gloves gives you the chance to optimize your performance.
These gloves come in either black and blue or black and pink but looks aren’t always everything, performance is key so what do those who have tried these gloves have to say? One user says that these are the best gloves that they have ever owned with another claiming that even after a year’s worth of use, the gloves have stayed in perfect condition. This says to us that this is a product to be reckoned with.
Features of Weight Lifting Gloves to Look For
When selecting weight lifting gloves for women, several essential features cater specifically to their needs. Here are the most important ones:
- Size and Fit: Proper fit is paramount. Gloves that are too tight can restrict movement and cause discomfort, while those that are too loose might not provide the necessary grip. Look for gloves with various size options and adjustable closures for a snug and personalized fit.
- Comfort and Padding: Women’s weight lifting gloves should offer ample padding to protect the hands from calluses and blisters. Opt for gloves with strategic padding in areas prone to pressure and friction, like the palms and fingers.
- Grip Enhancement: A strong, secure grip is crucial for lifting safely and effectively. Choose gloves with textured or rubberized grips on the palms to prevent weights from slipping, ensuring maximum control during workouts.
- Breathability and Material: Look for gloves made from breathable materials that wick away moisture. Proper ventilation helps prevent excessive sweating and keeps the hands dry, promoting comfort and reducing the risk of skin irritation.
- Dexterity and Flexibility: Weight lifting gloves should allow for natural movement of the hands and fingers. Select gloves that are designed to provide flexibility, enabling a full range of motion during various exercises.
- Durability: High-quality materials and sturdy stitching are essential for gloves that withstand the rigors of frequent workouts. Durable gloves not only ensure a longer lifespan but also maintain their integrity for consistent performance.
- Ease of Use: Weight lifting gloves should be easy to put on and take off, especially between sets. Consider gloves with quick-release tabs or finger loops that facilitate removal.
- Style and Aesthetics: While not as critical as functional features, aesthetics can still be important. Many women prefer gloves that match their personal style and workout attire, so consider options that offer a variety of colors and designs.
- Finger Length: Some weight lifting gloves have shorter finger lengths, which can be more comfortable and provide a better grip for individuals with smaller hands.
- Washability: Sweaty workouts can lead to odor and bacteria buildup in gloves. Choosing gloves that are machine washable or easy to clean helps maintain hygiene.
Should I Wear Weight Lifting Gloves When Lifting?
In the gym environment, it’s common to notice both men and women wearing gloves during their lifting sessions. If you’re relatively new to the gym scene, you might find yourself uncertain about whether you should follow suit. The rationale behind wearing gloves varies among individuals, and I’ll break down a few perspectives for you.
One prevalent reason revolves around combating sweaty palms. Many people assert that sweaty hands can lead to the bar slipping while lifting, potentially causing serious injuries. This concern highlights the importance of maintaining a secure grip during exercises.
Another viewpoint stems from the hygiene factor. Numerous individuals view gyms as breeding grounds for germs, which makes them hesitant to directly touch the equipment. I can personally vouch for this sentiment. Even though diligent gym staff may sanitize the machines, the reality is that maintaining pristine cleanliness at all times can be a challenge.
Additionally, some individuals choose to wear gloves to avoid developing callouses on their hands. Certain bars and dumbbells can quickly cause friction and tear up the skin, especially if you lack the forearm strength needed to prevent the equipment from rotating in your grip.
The decision to wear gloves ultimately hinges on your individual preferences and goals. Whether you’re aiming to bolster your grip, maintain cleanliness, or prevent callouses, there’s no right or wrong answer. As you navigate your gym journey, consider these factors and make the choice that aligns with your comfort, safety, and workout objectives.
Which is Better Straps or Weight Lifting Gloves?
Both have their advantages and disadvantages. Straps are used mainly to enhance bar security — to prevent heavier weights from slipping or dropping off from your hands. They are meant to be wrapped around your wrist while the other end is attached to the weight.
A lot of times you’ll see lifters wrapping them around the bar and then twisting to get them as taut as they can. If you have them wrapped around the bar, but loose, they can still allow the bar to spin, and become useless.
Here’s a quick video to explain how to use weight lifting straps.
For weight lifting gloves, they can be an excellent alternative to straps. They provide support (in terms of grip) and provide protection for your hands. That being said, workout gloves are best suited for individuals who enjoy lifting weights on a regular basis and want to protect their hands. The additional wrist support helps keep the wrist stable and protected.
It’s important to note that straps and weight lifting gloves can weaken your grip over time. It’s recommended to use your straps or gloves moderately.
Conclusion of Weight Lifting Gloves
Finding the right pair of lifting gloves to support you during your workout can be a tedious task when there are so many different products available. But this list really does showcase some of the elite products currently available. So if you have been searching for the perfect pair of women’s weight lifting gloves with wrist support, you can be sure that any one of these products will meet that criteria.
Do you use weight gloves? Leave a comment below on your thoughts about them.